Thanks for your interest in contributing to Honest Mamas!
Please read these style and submissions guidelines before beginning your blog or reaching out to us. If you have any questions that aren’t answered here, please feel free to contact us.
Content & Style
Honest Mamas is a website devoted to the authentic emotional and spiritual lives of mothers. The focus of the site is the journey of motherhood, including fertility and pregnancy. This online community, created by three licensed psychotherapy professionals, supports women through transitional and transformational times when grounded, positive and honest information is vital to the emotional well-being of women and their children. Honest Mamas is a place to be real, witnessed, celebrated, and comforted.
The mission of Honest Mamas is two-fold: 1) to reflect parts of the motherhood experience that are currently missing or hidden from view in our country’s popular culture while challenging the societal norms women face during pregnancy/postpartum periods; and 2) to be thought leaders in the conversation about empowered mothering.
Your blog submission must speak to the motherhood experience with a focus on the emotional, interpersonal, or spiritual aspects.
Posts cannot be blatantly promotional. Links to your website or blog should be included in the bio at the end of the post. Links pointing to relevant content on a blog from the body of the post are acceptable, but shouldn’t be promotional in nature. Do not include affiliate links in the blog.
All content must be exclusive to the Honest Mamas blog, original and authored by you. You can use ideas, concepts and lessons you have written about in the past as long as the content itself is new. You may also post a snippet on your blog that directs people to the post and links back to Honest Mamas. The blog, once accepted, cannot be published anywhere else.
- Article length: 800 to 1000 words
- Post titles: initial caps, no more than 70 characters in length
- Subheads: Subheads, bulleted lists and unordered lists are encouraged for a positive user experience and readability
Honest Mamas is flexible on the number of links in a post but remain reasonable.
Images & Graphics
You do not have to provide images or graphics with your blog. However, if you would like to use specific images or graphics, follow these guidelines:
- Format: .jpg or .png
- Size: Images must be at least 1140×468
- Sourcing: Source images at the end of the post and include links to attribution when needed
Provide a brief biography (approximately 50 words) detailing your name, location and any other bits of info you want to share or believe are relevant to your blog post. You may include links to personal or company social media profiles.
- Posts can be submitted as HTML via .txt or standard text via Word doc
- Author bio (can include links)
- Optional: Additional images (charts, graphs, logos, etc.)
Promotion & Reader Interaction
Honest Mamas promotes all posts via Twitter and Facebook. Your post may also be syndicated to other outlets. Contributors are encouraged to distribute their post throughout social media.
Please check the blog post intermittently to respond to any comments.
Contributions should be original content and not re-purposed in its entirety on your website or other blog. Discussing the post on your blog while linking to it on Honest Mamas is acceptable.
- Send your blog, any images, author bio and head shot using the form below.
- Publication dates will be based on Honest Mamas editorial calendar. If your blog is approved, we’ll try our best to get in contact with you before publication so you may promote accordingly.
- Honest Mamas reserves the right to edit posts for clarity, grammar, voice and relevance. Please don’t be offended if we suggest changes and/or ask for a rewrite. Posts that require significant editing will be rejected.