Welcome to episode forty-three of the Honest Mamas Podcast! Today, Melissa speaks to Dr. Nazanin Moali about eating disorders on the motherhood journey.
Dr. Nazanin Moali is a sex and relationship expert and has helped many individuals and couples improve their sex lives and restore and achieve deep and passionate connections with their partners. In addition to Sexology podcast, Dr. Moali launched a similar, top-rated podcast in Farsi in 2016. Dr. Moali is dedicated to educating people around the world to embrace sexuality as an essential aspect of life and eliminate the stigma associated with it.
Dr. Moali has appeared on many television shows including Channel One, Andisheh, and Gem TV. She has also been featured on many podcasts and publications.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How certain words, parts of language don’t fall under the definition of an eating disorder
- The pressure women feel to look good and not be overweight during pregnancy
- The way in which the mainstream media portrayal of pregnancy exacerbates this issue
- The role will power and control plays in this issue
- How shame can be a trigger for eating disorders
- The current issue and discussion around gestational diabetes
- Understanding the postpartum body
- Knowing it’s ok to give yourself space from those who might trigger your disorder