Welcome to episode twenty-four of the Honest Mamas Podcast. Today, Melissa speaks with Beth Berry who is a writer, whole life coach, mother of four daughters and a devotee of the sacred feminine.
If you’re someone who aspires to live from your heart, cares deeply about the state of the world, and believes in the transformative power of personal growth, you’re in the right place. Even if you only identify with some of these characteristics, Beth invites you to make yourself at home, try on a new idea or two, and let your curiosity lead you.
Six years ago, when Beth first moved her family abroad (for a total of four years), she began writing about the richness, beauty, and mystery all around her. She fell deeply in love with southern Mexico, her people and the slower pace of life. As her mind was blown and her heart softened by the experience, she began to notice a richness, beauty, and mystery being awakened within her, too.
Turns out that inner exploration is her very favorite kind.
Since then, Beth has journeyed through regions of her inner landscape that she never even knew existed. Beth learned to be gentle and nurturing with the particularly sensitive parts, shone light into places she’d long been avoiding, deconstructed the walls around her heart, and learned to trust the guidance of her soul.
Though it’s been hard work (and quite painful at times), Beth now has access to peace, joy, and connection that were previously unavailable to her. She has healed the relationship with herself, which has proven invaluable in her relationship with others.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Beth became inspired to write her blog
- Her positive experience of being a mother at 17 years of age
- How western culture has too much expectation on women after birth
- The need to slow down when nurturing a new born
- Ways in which to avoid the pit falls of modern day motherhood
- The vital role family plays when going through this process
- Learning to say no and not feeling guilty about it
- Tips and thoughts on how best to handle modern day motherhood